Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week 6: The New Green

Week 6: The New Green

Week6: The New Green

Source flash file is available here.

This game actually originated from staring at the Kindle iPhone title screen for too long.

This is my first level-based game for the Bad-Game-A-Week project, and oh did I underestimate the tools needs that would entail. Originally I was designing levels in a giant 30 x 20 matrix of 1's and 2's. These really start to blend together, before marching off the screen and up your fingernails. By the time I knew I needed a level editor proper, it was too late. I quickly hacked together a language file in a text editor to at least color those 1's and 2's like the level blocks, and wrapped up the remaining bits.

The sad thing is, on Friday I realized that the display for the game was already 90% of the way towards a graphical level editor to spit out those 30x20 matrixes. Partially because of all of this, the game is pretty short right now (16 levels). If anyone would like to contribute more levels to the project, please contact me. I'd be happy to have the contributions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home